Industrial plating and coating add a protective layer or a finish to the metal component. There are several kinds of coating available, out of which metal casting is considered to be the best. Here are a few advantages of these procedures –
- Plating can improve the look of the metal. This is especially true for jewelry. Metals are often plated in gold Colors to sell them as pure gold. Silver is also plated to keep them from darkening.
- Metal casting is meant for equipment or parts that have a complex or an irregular shape, like a complicated box or a propeller.
- Metal casting allows for wide sustainability. Most of Alloy steel casting exporters do not limit casting to six or thickness, and not even shape.
- The results of metal casting tend to have more accurate sizes than other processes like welding or forgings.
- Plenty of materials are available for metal casting like iron, copper alloy, platinum alloy, aluminum alloy, steel, etc. Iron casting is widely favored in industrial productions.
- Metal casting costs comparatively less than other metal forming processes.
- The metal formed is durable and tough.
- There are few metals that are brittle or light, which can only be formed through casting.
- Metal casting has more design flexibility than forging.
- The mold in metal casting can be reused several times.
- Mechanical properties in metals formed by metal castings are higher.
- Metals formed by metal casting are better at resisting corrosion.
- Metal casting requires more precision.
- Metal casting has high production efficiency, which is not enjoyed by other metal forming processes.
- Coatings increase the lifespan of products. One of the biggest advantages of coating is the reduction of scrap.
- The coating keeps from static build-up, which in turn keeps products from clinging to each other.
- Coatings give off a sleek finish to the product.
- Among the materials available for plating, the cheapest plating material that is most opted for by industrial and manufacturing companies is tin. Since the availability of tin is no problem, most of the industries use tin plating to increase the durability of their products and machines. Tin plated products resist corrosion and rusting.
- Nickel plating can be used to resist friction. They are also great at increasing the longevity of a product.
- Plating or electroplated products can survive damages caused by a striking or suddenly dropping the product.
- The process of manufacturing a vehicle catalytic converter produces a lot of hydrogen. Palladium coating has the ability to absorb the hydrogen produced.
- Electroplating can be used to make used metal products look brand new. They typically used to refurbish old metal products like grills.
- Electroplating can also increase conductivity, especially silver electroplating.
- The telecommunications industry highly refers to gold plating as well as palladium plating.
Disadvantages of Industrial Plating and Coating in Metal Casting
Like there are advantages, the processes also have drawbacks; they are as follows –
- The manufacturing cost of metal casted metals is pretty high.
- The metals formed by metal casting are airtight.
- The products may end up with white iron casts.
- Only licensed Alloy steel casting exporters export metal formed by metal casting.
This article is solely intended for informational purposes.